About Wilkes County Disc Golf Club (WCDGC)
The Wilkes County Disc Golf Club was formed in June 2009 in hopes to bring disc golf to the Wilkesboros of North Carolina (Wilkesboro and North Wilkesboro, NC).
Our goals are to:
- Build or help build one (or multiple) disc golf courses in Wilkes County - on public land (government or town owned), public parks (county owned), privately owned property, donated acreage or a combination of any thereof
- Place baskets/goals, tee pads and signage on any course we create or help create
- Host club events, tournaments and "practice sessions"
- Offer sponsorship packages
- Accept donations
- Hold fundraisers; raffles, tournaments, etc.
- Contribute to local charities
- Volunteer for other local non-profit organizations; Special Olympics of Wilkes, for example
- Benefit our community by offering a great, low-cost hobby that is fun to play
- Draw folks to Wilkes County from up to 50 miles (or more) that wish to play on a new/different/favorite disc golf course or in a weekend tournament
- Provide golfers with a resource for getting new, yet discounted from retail, disc golf discs by simply making a charitable donation to the club
We will function as a non-profit organization. We will not pay, compensate or "gift" any member, director or organizer.
Any funds within the organization will stay within the organization, be spent to benefit the members of the organization (as a whole – not individually), contribute to the community of Wilkes or will be donated to a local non-profit. The funds of this organization can be tracked here. We are incorporated with the Secretary of the State of North Carolina as a non-profit organization. We are finalizing our federal paperwork to become an official 501(c)3 non-profit in these United States of America.
We look forward to bringing disc golf to the Wilkesboros! It's great fun and a wonderful means of excercise - even for those who hate the "e" word. We know you'll love this game as much as we do. And the low cost to play is a great plus as well.